Monday, April 10, 2006

Bad Books


In English, I must read The Catcher in the Rye. I cannot take the language! I feel like every page sullies my mind to a point of non-recognition. I told my teacher that I felt that the sexual undertones and promiscuous content left much to be desired and I wished to switch books. I was ignored on the grounds that now days you must accept the language and more on she replied. She asked me how I could pick up a book that did not contain language or sexual content and I said easy. I quoted Philippians 4:8 and she looked at me like I was crazy. I failed the quiz because I refused to finish the book assignment. It frustrated me. Tonight I finished the book assignment and read excerpts aloud to my father and he was also disgusted. Arrg! I am not sure what to do next but comply with her wishes.

No comments: