Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sighs of relief

Today, God allowed me to speak at the girl's get-together on truly knowing Christ. I selected Hebrews 1 to discuss and it was refreshing to revisit the first chapter of my ongoing bible study. I was very excited. It went remarkably well, I do not remember exactly what came from my lips. I know that it must have been God speaking, which was an answer to my prayers.

Due to the devotion, I have been asked to lead a small group on Wednesday nights. I was asked what grade level and this I know not. I am not sure what age I can teach or which group I would like. I will be praying for God's guidance.

Also, I am going to be praying for the opportunity to disciple another. If it is God's will for me to disciple a young girl, I will contact Jessica. I need God's guidance.

If he points me to these areas of ministry, I will need to definitely cut two of my hardest classes, which I believe is God's will anyway. Instead of filling my plate academically, I will fill it with the things of God. I want to put my yes on the table before the question is even asked.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'll be praying for your new small group and other areas of ministry for you!

It is encouraging to read your blog and see your passion for missions and obedience to God.

We need to get together sometime before I leave, but there may not be time for hanging out with Jason as Monday (7/31) is his last day in Humble. I'll be around for another month or so.

Ack! I can't believe we are about to move!

thelittlefields said...

I thought I would post here on the commentary recommendations you requested. I have the following:

Barnes
Geneva
Gill
Henry
Jamieson, Fauset, Brown (JFB)
Keil & Delitzsch (K&D)
Scofield
Psalms (The Treasury of David)

I would be careful about any commentary, never take them as scripture. I know the Scofield is dispensational, but I wanted it for that side of things. I don't know much about the JFB or K&D because I just go them. I know the others at the top are pretty good. I wish they had the D.A. Carson commentary. Gill and Henry are both reformed, Gill was a reformed Baptist that gets a bad rap sometimes. I hope that these help. If nothing else I would start with Gill, Henry, and Barnes (I don't know much about him), they have proven helpful. I hope this helps--Dirk