Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Joshua Project

As you can see, on the sidebar I have an unreached people group highlighted thanks to the Joshua Project. For D-NOW at my church I was in charge of this missions display and I had three boards and a PowerPoint playing. I spent a lot of time researching organizations and other missions sites to put together a slightly comprehensive explanation of missions. So, when i came across the Joshua Project site, I was amazed that so much information was available about all of these people groups. I am so excited with what God is doing at my church with missions. All of the Sunday school classes have adopted people groups to commit to praying for. We have so many trip and things going on. At the banquet, a five-fold presentation was made. it was really good. I had the opportunity in speaking at the banquet and i was unsure if what i wrote would be beneficial. I had no idea what the lady after me was going to speak on and what I said linked with exactly with what she said. that just goes to show you that God was in complete control of the evening no matter how much planning each of us had put into it. We are also looking into supporting missionaries. I would assume we are since that was one of the points made that we should support our local missionaries. Yet, that could mean that we just give to the cooperative program. Oh well, maybe when I am ready to run of into the foreign mission field, the church will help support me. Anyway, I am also pleased with the concept of the missions journals. These journals are helping the students make a commitment to pray, memorize scripture and do their quiet times.

No comments: