Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Progressive Pancake Dinner

Yesterday, the school had TAKS testing. I passed the test last year like almost all of the other seniors. So, since yesterday was national Pancake Day, I went to IHOP with some friends. You could get a free short stack of pancakes and donate to the shriner's hospital. It was great except the IHOP in ATA was crowded and we were there for two whole hours. But, the fellowship was splendid. Then, since I had one other friend who also wanted to get pancakes later in the day I went to the IHOP off of 59 later that day. She was unable to go to IHOP that morning so I went again to IHOP off of 59 to spend some time with her. It was nice. I was feeling the pancake batter in my stomach for the whole day though. I ate way too many pancakes in celebration. My dad said he thought the idea of a pancake day came from England. I am not sure at all.

1 comment:

Robin said...

The pancake day has to do with Lent. People used up their luxuries like sugar and flour the day before Ash Wednesday, so they made pancakes (more like crepes though). I found all that out the other day.