Tuesday, December 20, 2005

How Late is Too Late?

How late do normal people stay up? I want to know. I know that I have always had a drive to stay up late and read or noodle on my computer, but how many nocternal people are there in this world. Why waste precious hours of the day on sleep. How many verses in the Bible lend negative conotations toward sleep? I honestly do not know the answers to any of these questions, but surely someone does.

I just have so much on my mind. Nightime is a mystery, much like the meals at Humble High, but in a magically wonderful way. The luminous moon steals the warmth of the sun to bring light into the night to those of us who live by its light. I wish I was the moon, forever reflecting the Sun's glory, and hiding in the night sky and sleeping in cotton clouds.

1 comment:

Camlost said...

Ah, a fellow insomniac! Yes, I can't quite figure out why it is that my mind comes alive at night. I can drag all day long but 10 pm rolls around and I am inspired to read, write, practice (I have the curse/blessing of musician hours), or anything but sleep. It does seem like a redundant waste of time to shut off all senses for such a large percentage of each day. Though scripture speaks negatively about the slothful, I believe it does speak very highly of the Sabbath and the blessing of sleep. I therefore live a contradiction of preaching with all fervency the rest from all of our labors that we have in Christ, while I myself sleep as little as possible. Ah well, I suppose I'll just add that to my never ending list of things that require God's grace.