Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Kathy

Kathy Littlefield by far has made the greatest impact on my life. I strongly believe that you should always be in the process of being discipled and discipling others. I asked her to be my mentor in eighth grade. She was my babysitter long before we became best friends or as close as sisters. She helped to ignite my passion for Christ through missions. She has pushed me to higher mountains with Christ on deeper levels. I should not just read the word of God, but meditate upon it and know it in my heart because it is precious. Kathy taught me not to put a price tag on my priorities. What is important to God should not be compromised at any cost. I should pursue him every minute of my day in prayer. I learned from her that when it says in the Bible pray without ceasing, this simply means that when an interruption from life comes, to have the desire to return to my Lord when it subsides, to never lose touch with the reason I live. It is critical to press on to know the Lord intimately, not with your head but with all that is in you. What was hard for me to see or understand, she pointed to where I needed to look in scripture. Kathy saw the need for me to lay down my prideful self and wrap myself in humility in God’s arms. I cherish all of the lessons she has taught me through the years. We pray for each other every day that we would be open to hear what God has to say and that he would use us in a mighty way for his glory.


If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot. (Jeremiah 20:9)

1 comment:

thelittlefields said...

Wow, thanks Jenny! It was funny because I was reading scripture last night and I thought of something we talked about and turned to Dirk and said " I love Jenny" He answered back " I love you too" Awww sweet moments. I love you girl, I learn so much from YOU. Its great everytime we talk. Gotta go, I'm reading HEBREWS. --Kathy